ARES-SE

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ARES-SE

The Forum for the ARES Wings in the SE Quadrant

+5
japester
Cincinnatus
Tukster
Hammerdal
balajiv_54
9 posters

Diplomatic talks with PTT

Poll

Should we hold diplomatic talks with PTT???

[ 10 ]
    Diplomatic talks with PTT Bar_left63%Diplomatic talks with PTT Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Diplomatic talks with PTT Bar_left37%Diplomatic talks with PTT Bar_right [37%] 

Total Votes: 16
    balajiv_54

Diplomatic talks with PTT Empty Diplomatic talks with PTT

Post  balajiv_54 Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:05 am

I think we should hold diplomatic talks with PTT...what do you guys think???
    Hammerdal

Diplomatic talks with PTT Empty Re: Diplomatic talks with PTT

Post  Hammerdal Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:11 am

Well, from what I can tell they are a very aggressive alliance, and I think that the only way we can get a NAP or something out of them is if we are threatening enough for them to take us seriously. If we can't back up our claim that they need to have a NAP with us, the attempt might prompt them to up their attacks on us (or perhaps not). My point is this: Can we convince them that they need a NAP or other agreement with us? If not, we shouldn't bother trying.
    Tukster

Post  Tukster Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:31 am

I agree that attempting to pursue an NAP with PTT (at the present time) could back fire horribly. Also, rumors have been flying around that there is some tension between PTT and BoB so it's best if we work on our defense and hope they go at it against each other.
    Cincinnatus
    Cincinnatus

Post  Cincinnatus Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:33 pm

Initially I would have loved to see PTT and B.O.B. go at it. I'm not against talks, but it could make us more visible and therefore a more perceived threat. However, now I'm not so sure it's not a bad idea.

Last edited by Cincinnatus on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Recent events)
    japester

Post  japester Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:32 am

i say we should wait for the time being. make sure we have no farms in the alliance. On that note i would like to say that a sitter should be set for new members so the leadership can see troop numbers and whether the villages are being attacked. If we can present a strong front then we will be taken more seriously. Remeber thou 1 of our confeds is the no1 alliance on the server. Fear us. Also as newcomer to the alliance, what is our diplomatic status are we awing of Ares? should they be the ones to make diplomatic contact?
    Cragbonz
    Admin

Post  Cragbonz Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:00 am

We are the official wing of ArEs in the SE. Ares-SE2 is a wing of ours.
    ArEs is located in the NE and has several NE wings...they are in excellent control of the area. They expect us to be self sufficient.
    manu56

Post  manu56 Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:11 am

i think its better to be passive now. We are not that strong within..

some one in the alliance must a very clear overall idea of what each member is capable of doing. Only then can such an individual command the whole system effectively..

Right now we are facing a lot of coming in goin in.. etc.. We should make a stand only when our members are fixed and trustable.

We should make a stand only when an attacker sees that this guy is from Ares and has a second thought of attacking.

Right now I think what we should be doing is making ourselves stronger. Every one should know his place and the commander should know everyone elses in addition to theirs.. Im not saying that now we dont know these things, Im just saying that the knowledge has to be more complete. I really think we are heading down that road.
    Tukster

Post  Tukster Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:55 am

It's a chicken and the egg problem. People won't stay if we aren't stronger but we can't get stronger if people don't stay. We are working to clean things up but at some point you have to just go for it and hope for the best.
    fcr
    fcr

Post  fcr Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:10 pm

scratch study Twisted Evil i just wish that we can have a diplomatic relationship with PTT.
    Tukster

Post  Tukster Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:42 pm

Well our northern wings are currently on an offensive campaign against PTT so diplomacy will have to be at the tip of a sword.
    AnneBonny

Diplomatic talks with PTT Empty Talks with PTT

Post  AnneBonny Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:13 am

I think we should hold off on diplomatic talks with PTT for now, for the following reasons:
    1) They may be at odds with BoB. Let's allow BoB to do some of our dirty work for us OR consider allying ourselves with BoB.
    2) We have no General at this point, and attrition is causing us to slide lower into the alliance rankings. We should hold off until our alliance is considerably stronger from a military standpoint.
    3) A superior strategy may be to begin looking for players and alliances outside our own that are vulnerable militarily, and to begin conquering them. There are several such players/alliances in my area (which is in the extreme South-East). Conquering them will allow us to gain valuable military experience as well as adding to our resources and alliance points, thus raising us in the alliance rankings.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:18 am